I am President and Samuel C. Patterson Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity at Reformed Theological Seminary, Charlotte, NC. In addition, I am an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church in America and serve as an Associate Pastor (part-time, of course) at my home church, Uptown PCA.
Recent Academic Activities
• Visiting Scholar, St. Edmund’s College, University of Cambridge, 2009-2010 research sabbatical
• Visiting Scholar, Tyndale House, University of Cambridge, 2009-2010 research sabbatical
• Co-chair and co-founder of the New Testament Canon, Textual Criticism, and Apocryphal Literature study section for the Evangelical Theological Society, 2007-Present
• Development of the NT Canon; particularly fourfold gospel collection
• Gospels, General/Catholic Epistles
• Christian origins; development of early Christianity in the second century
• Apocryphal gospels and the transmission of Jesus tradition
• Second Temple Judaism; early Jewish-Christian communities
• Palaeography, codicology, ancient manuscripts
Michael J. Kruger
Reformed Theological Seminary
21o1 Carmel Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28226