Justin Taylor has been listening to the panel discussion at T4G on the topic of inerrancy. The panel passed along these book recommendations:
Simon Gathercole recommends Biblical Authority: A Critique of the Rogers/McKim Proposalby John D. Woodbridge, for a historical study of what the church has held through the centuries.
Mark Dever recommends Christ and the Bible by John Wenham, on Jesus’ view of Scripture.
John Piper recommends “Fundamentalism” and the Word of God by J. I. Packer.
These are good options. However, I would add a few others:
- N.B. Stonehouse and P. Woolley, eds., The Infallible Word (Philadelphia: P&R, 1946).
- J.M. Frame, Doctrine of the Word of God (Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R, 2010).
- N. Geisler, ed., Inerrancy (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1980).
- J.W. Montgomery, ed., God’s Inerrant Word (Minneapolis: Bethany Fellowship, 1974)
- G.K. Beale, The Erosion of Inerrancy in Evangelicalism (Crossway, 2008)